Mint Chocolate Chip Iced Latte Recipe — You’re favorite ice cream flavor in icd coffee form! Made with fresh mint, almond milk, and all the chocolate you can handle!
Who’s ready to paaaarrrrttaayyyy?!?!?!
…..Said no one ever on a Monday morning.
But I’m here to change that with something that should be a part of every Monday morning routine.
While ice cream is pretty much a food group of it’s own in my summer diet, I may be the only Caucasian female (keepin it PC here) who’s favorite flavor is NOT mint chocolate chip. I get it. It’s refreshing. There’s chocolate. But I like to keep my mouthwash and desserts separate thank you very much. I do however, adore any coffee.
…and peanut butter but I’ll spare you just for today.
I like to think I’m a pretty forgiving person, and thought I’d give the mint choco another chance at winning my heart over. Only if he brought his caffeinated wingman along for the ride as well.
I’m also one of the rare breeds of females that prefers coffee resembling Mr. T than an artfully swirled latte. Tall, dark, and strong AF.
But sometimes I like to surprise myself, like pretending to be fashionable, and drinking dessert flavored coffee. Some life changing decisions right thurr.
So wearing your best pair of heels with your favorite sweats and no bra is highly recommended when making and enjoying this drink. It’s time you treat yo self to the good life.
And as far as mint chocolate chip goes? Our relationship is in good standings as long as the strongest coffee humanly possible is within a 2 inch radius. Our terms of agreement are non-negotiable.
- ½ cup strong coffee, chilled
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 6 fresh mint leaves*
- 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice ( I used stevia)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- shaved chocolate and/or chocolate sauce
- In a small pot, heat almond milk over low heat.
- Add fresh mint leaves, and heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and strain off mint leaves.
- Stir in sweetener and cocoa powder.
- Add ice cubes to a large glass. Pour in chilled coffee.
- Top with almond milk.
- Sprinkle with shaved chocolate and chocolate sauce if desired.
Hover over image to pin for later!
Make it a great day!
Are you a mint chocolate chip fan?
How do you like your coffee?