About the blog
If you came here for the food, hop on over to the recipe page!
Here to chat? Find more info on how we can collaborate, or drop me a message on my contact page!
- I'm originally from New Hampshire, but have also lived in Alabama, Maine, and most recently New Jersey. I'm sure I'll be living in another state by the time you read this.
- I'm a dietitian by trade, and foodie by choice. I am one of the few RDs with absolutely no clinical experience, and have worked primarily in school nutrition and nutrition education, and wouldn't have it any other way.
- I originally wanted to be a news anchor, and almost went to school for journalism before I discovered nutrition...and now you know why I have a food blog.
- I have two older brothers ( Hi John and Nate!) who are both red heads. How I missed that boat, I don't know, but I'm guessing the mail man has something to do with it. (kidding..please tell me you knew that already.)
- I can sing all the words to "Stay Fly" by Three 6 Mafia. Ask me to prove it.
- I am wildly obsessed with pugs, even though I don't own a little pug muffin of my own. If I did, his/her name would be Marv, Gladys, Dale, or Pearl. Not that I've thought this through or anything.
- The only foods I can't stand are olives and sun-dried tomatoes. I wouldn't last a day in the Mediterranean.
- I get bored REAL easy, which explains while I bounce from running, to lifting, to biking, or yoga...sometimes all in the same day.
- Me and cooking didn't always get along. I burned A LOT of things in the process...like A LOT. We've now been happily married for 10 years now.
- I started this little blog of mine in the dark ages of 2012, before I knew what SEO or food photography was to share my quick and dirty tips for eating healthy. Now I do it for the free food, fame, and fortune. (if sarcasm was a font....)
Disclaimer: As always, consult your physician before beginning any fitness or nutrition program. The information I provide on this site is not meant to treat, cure, prevent or diagnose any illness or disease. The information provided is for general and educational purposes only and includes the opinions and views of the author and should not be substituted for medical advice given by your physician.
Sinful Nutrition is a for-profit blog, meaning that I occasionally work with brands who compensate me for my time. All products or services that I endorse or review are products or services that I would use even without being paid, and my opinions are my own.
I also occasionally use affiliate links, which give me a small commission if you purchase one of the products or services I talk about in my posts. This in no way affects the price that you pay for the product or service in question.
Photo Request and Recipe Sharing Policy
All of the content, including recipes, images, and photographs, published on Sinful Nutrition is property of Sinful Nutrition (Emily Cooper). If you would like to share a recipe or photo on your website, you may share a photo and LINK BACK to the original recipe, giving Sinful Nutrition full credit. Please do not copy and paste the original recipe onto your website.
If you would like to use photos for something other than sharing one of my recipes, please email me at email@example.com so we can discuss.
Great blog you've got here, with some seriously amazing looking recipes!
can't wait to whip some up in the kitchen 🙂
I'm just about to change courses at uni to study nutrition and dietetics after realizing it was my true passion!
can't wait to be a registered dietician, and share the love of good, healthy food, and creating it, with others; as you probably do too!
Keep up the fab blog, looking forward to following your foodie adventures 🙂
Thanks for finding me all the way in Australia! It's always nice to hear from someone interested in nutrition as well. Any idea what field you want to go in to? I'm planning on doing child nutrition/foodservice management which is a rare breed in the dietetic world! Haha. Can't wait to check out your blog as well..as if the title wasn't intriguing enough ; )
Id love to either do sports nutrition and work with athletes, or those struggling with eating disorders 🙂 so many options though!
child nutrition and food service management would be fantastic too
Yes, I feel like sports nutrition is such a growing field. I would love to learn more about what to eat before/after workouts since I'm horrible at that! = D
Matt @ The Athlete's Plate
Have you made it up to Tuscaloosa yet 🙂
I have not! I would love to make the trip though. Any recommendations on things to do/see there?
I just found your blog!! I love love love it!! All the workouts and recipes are great! So glad I found ya!
Thanks! Glad you found me as well. Can't wait to check out your blog : )
I just wanted to say that I recently found your blog and LOVE the ideas you stand for. Sometimes people try to be perfect with their fitness and it ends up making them somewhat unhappy and stressed out. Plus, it hardly ever lasts long because it's so hard on them. But moderation is really the key, because everyone can be happy with brownie sundaes(: It's really nice to find a blog that emphasizes the importance of a balanced lifestyle. I've just been introduced into the whole "blogosphere", but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on you blog!
Thanks so much Rachel! It means a lot to find someone who appreciates what I believe in, and write about. I'll be keeping an eye on your blog as well, and can't wait to see what you have to offer : )
I am nominating you for a Liebster Award. Technically it's for blogs with fewer than 200 followers. I've been eating paleo for about three months so some of these recipes will definatley be part of my cheat days! If you choose to accept there are some procedures you need to follow.
1. Post 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions that I came up with (link to questions below)
3. Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers and ask then 11 questions.
Thanks Evan! I appreciate the nomination, and for finding my blog. I will be posting my answers next Friday, so be on the lookout for it! I look forward to checking out your blog as well. : )
Like you, I am a New Hampshire-ite as well and love to be healthy. I have been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now and I have to say I quite enjoy reading it! I'm not much of a blog reader myself but I do really like yours! Also, I love that you have a deep deep, borderline obsession, with peanut butter. It lets me know there there is someone else out there like me. Especially a spoonful, or 5, of Avalanche Vermont Peanut Butter Co. peanut butter.
Just letting you know that your blog is awesome and I think it's a great read!
Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the blog. Yes, I'm pretty sure if they had PB Anonymous I would be a member. At least it is a nutritious addiction, right?!
Thank you for sharing your story! Glad I'm not the only one who went through something similar. You look amazing today my love
Thanks Allie! It's been a long time coming to get it out there, but glad I did.
I love the new look of the blog Miss Emily!! Great job getting really honest and sharing your story. You are so beautiful, don't ever doubt it!
Thank you for your kind words, Kristen! I appreciate it 🙂
I just discovered your blog and I have to say I will be dropping by more often! I love your outlook and the posts I have read are great. I love your sense of humour and some of the observations you make. It was great to read about how you got to this point.
Welcome Aubrey! Thanks so much for stopping by! Glad you can appreciate my sarcasm and humour. 🙂
I just found your blog and I think we have a lot in common! I am a RD living in Minneapolis, also love running and traveling. I have been blogging for one year so far! I am looking forward to reading more of your blog!
So glad you found me Jill, Welcome! I'm checking out your blog now 🙂