Thai Collard Green Lettuce Wrap Recipe — A healthy vegan sandwich made with marinated tofu and a tangy peanut sauce.
**Disclaimer: I received free product in exchange for this post. I was not compensated for my time. All thoughts and recipes are my own.**
Hello my good friends!
I’m back after my brief hiatus this week. My broski was in town so I spent some time with him while I could. That and I totally forgot to take any pictures of my meals, besides my morning tea from the lovely miss Heather.
But that’s okay, because I’m back and with a GIVEAWAY!
The lovely folks at Nasoya reached out to me about trying out their new line of Nasoya TofuBaked products. They are already marinated and baked, ready to be thrown into any salad or stir fry for those times when pouring a bowl of cereal or slapping some butter on bread is your next line of defense for “cooking dinner”.
Since I can never press the ish out of my tofu enough with my stack of cookbooks and giant cans of beans, I was so ready to try these out. They come in two flavors, Teriyaki or Sesame Ginger. I was more partial to the teriyaki since it seemed to have just a bit more flavor than the sesame.
I love sneaking in my LGV aka leafy green vegetables anyway I can, so why not have your wrap and LGV too!
And lesbehonest, I just wanted another excuse to make this peanut sauce. I could literally slap it on a washcloth and call it dinner. Literally.
And the whole meal takes about 5 minutes, which makes for a quick and easy lunch that will satisfy you much longer than a bowl of cheerios…or a washcloth.
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter, all natural
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp crush red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 collard green leaves, stems removed
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 sweet potato, sliced lengthwise
- 1 pkg Nasoya TofuBaked, teriyaki flavor
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw, or any shredded veggies
- Slice sweet potato lengthwise, and add to a microwave-safe bowl with a splash of water.
- Microwave for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
- While sweet potato is cooking, whisk together all ingredients for peanut sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut stems out of collard leaves.
- Slice each piece of tofu in half. Lay evenly on each collard leaf.
- Top each with sliced cucumbers, sweet potatoes, and broccoli slaw.
- Pour 1/4 of sauce on each wrap.
- Wrap each and slice in half.
- Serve remaining peanut sauce on the side for dipping.
- Category: main dish, sandwich
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
The recipe makes enough for two wraps, since making all my recipes for one seems a little sad. Plus it makes enough for lunch tomorrow!
[Tweet “#Vegan Thai Collard Green Lettuce Wrap”]
Now it’s your turn to test it out! Enter below for your chance to win 3 free vouchers for Nasoya TofuBaked!
You can also find out where they carry these or any Nasoya products with their product calculator here.
And even if you don’t win, you can still get $1.00 coupon here!
Good luck and enjoy!
Make it a great day!