BLT Panzanella Salad Recipe -- A deconstructed BLT sandwich made with bacon, toasted biscuit pieces, chopped romaine, sliced tomatoes, and a creamy buttermilk dressing. This summer-worthy salad can even be made vegetarian-friendly!
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 biscuits, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 slices cooked bacon (or tempeh bacon), roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt ranch dressing, or buttermilk dressing (see below)
- Buttermilk Dressing:
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss cubed biscuits with oil on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5-10 minutes, or until pieces are browned and crispy.
- Removed from heat, and let cool. While biscuits are cooling, make dressing by combining yogurt, mayonnaise, milk, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a jar with a lid. Shake until combined, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomato, biscuits, and bacon.
- Just before serving, add 1/4 cup of dressing, and toss to coat. Add more dressing as desired.
- Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Salad
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe (with bacon)
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 710
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 11
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 14
Keywords: BLT, salad, panzanella, bacon, tempeh, biscuit