Dill Pickle Baked French Fries Recipe — A healthy, homemade french fry for pickle lovers! No added oils or fats, and oven baked to crispy perfection.
- 2 lbs (about 2 large) russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Rinse potatoes and pat dry. Cut into matchsticks, and set aside in a large bowl, and cover with a damp paper towel.
- In a small saucepan, add pickle juice, garlic powder, and dill. Heat over medium flame until mixture begins to simmer.
- Remove from heat, and remove paper towel from potatoes. Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper and set aside.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the pickle juice mixture, and transfer potatoes to baking sheets.
- Bake fries for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Add pickle juice to a spray bottle.
- Remove fries from oven, and spray with pickle juice.
- Sprinkle with salt and additional dill before serving.
- A pastry brush can be used in place of a spray bottle.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 428
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: dill pickle, french fries, baked, potatoes, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free