This sweet potato and black bean burrito uses the sweet potato skin instead of a tortilla for an easy, vegan & gluten-free meal packed full of flavor.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Scrub sweet potato and pierce skin with a fork.
- Cook in microwave on high for 7-8 minutes, or until flesh is soft.
- Cut off one tip end of the sweet potato, and scoop out flesh into a large bowl.
- Set potato skin aside, and mash flesh with cumin.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, and heat in microwave for 1 minute.
- Fill sweet potato skin with mixture, and serve.
- Add more heat by adding 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- Top burrito with sliced avocado, chopped green onion, or a dollop of vegan (or dairy) sour cream if preferred.
- Category: main dish
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: burrito, sweet potato, black bean, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, main dish, dinner, sandwich