These quick and easy Orange Tofu Lettuce Wraps are vegan-friendly, and take just about 30 minutes to make! A healthy recipe that tastes even better than takeout!
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 1 cup 100% orange juice
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- zest from one orange (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1 head Bibb lettuce (or other leaf lettuce like romaine, butter, or cabbage)
- chopped green onion
- sesame seeds
- sriracha (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Crumble in tofu, and mash with a large spoon or potato masher to break it up into crumbles.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until browned and moisture evaporated.
- While tofu is cooking, whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, sesame oil, garlic powder, ground ginger, and orange zest if using in a bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- When tofu is browned, stir in prepared sauce and water chestnuts. Cook an additional 5 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve in lettuce cups, and top with sesame seeds, chopped green onion, and sriracha if you want extra spice.
*nutrition information is estimated, and may not be 100% accurate.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 867
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 19
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: tofu, orange, dinner, vegan, vegetarian