Homemade Sunflower Butter Recipe — How to make your own sunflower seed butter at home in just five minutes, with 2 ingredients, and at a fraction of the price of store-bought!
- 16 ounces roasted and salted sunflower seed kernels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or sunflower seed oil
- Pour sunflower seed kernels into the bowl of a food processor.
- Mix on high for 5-7 minutes, until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Scrape down sides of bowl occasionally during mixing.
- In last minute of mixing, stream in oil.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid, and store up to 2 weeks, or 4 weeks in the fridge.
- You can also used unsalted sunflower seeds if preferred.
- Any neutral cooking oil can be used.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 73
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: sunflower seed, nut free, peanut free, vegan, vegetarian, snack