This easy vegan cheese sauce recipe is nut-free, and made in only 5 minutes. Perfect for dipping, pouring, or spreading on just about anything!
- flesh from 1 large, cooked sweet potato (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- Scoop flesh from sweet potato into blender.
- Add remaining ingredients, and blend on high until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Add more or less water to achieve a thicker or thinner consistency.
- Use smoked paprika to add a more smoky flavor.
- Up the garlic flavor by swapping out garlic powder for 1 clove fresh garlic.
- Category: sauce, dip
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: vegan
Keywords: vegan, nut free, cheese, dairy free, recipe, sauce