Watermelon Frose Recipe– A frozen rosé cocktail that is sure to be your new favorite summer cocktail! Made with no refined sugar or juice. Perfect for any baby shower or summer party!
Things that make Mondays better:
Das right, cocktails. Raise your glasses, cuz it’s about to get Recipe Redux in here!
if you couldn’t have guessed already, here’s what this month’s theme was
Cocktails and Mocktails for May Celebrations
Showers and celebrations with friends abound this time of year. Show us your healthy, colorful drink concoctions for festivities like bridal showers and graduation celebrations.
Ah yes. Nothing is better than welcoming a new life into the world, and starting another chapter of one (I seriously typed wine instead of one the first time. How many have I had already?) than with booze.
Especially cocktails that involve wine, frosty cups, and summer fruits. I don’t know exactly what the summer has planned for me, but I know that it is going to involve LOTS of these poolside.
If you haven’t heard of frosé before, it’s one of the latest white girl trending recipes involving frozen rosé wine. If this is basic, than call me a white T, cuz I am all about this.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle rose wine
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup honeydew melon, cubed
- juice from 2 limes
- 1/2 cup lime seltzer
- 3 ounces watermelon vodka (optional)
- Pour rose into 2 ice cube molds and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Place watermelon and honeydew on a baking sheet or plate, and freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Add frozen watermelon, juice from one lime, 3/4 of frozen rose cubes, 1/4 cup seltzer, and vodka id using to a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into 4 glasses.
- Rinse blender, and add remaining rose cubes, lime juice, and seltzer.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Spoon on top of watermelon mixture in each glass.
- Garnish each with a wedge of watermelon, and enjoy!
*Make non-alcoholic by doubling watermelon and honeydew, and leaving out rose and vodka.
Adapted from eating bird food
Hover over image to pin for later!
Make it a great day!
Have you tried frosé yet?
What’s your favorite summer cocktail?