This Warm French Lentil Salad Recipe is quick and easy to make, and full of plant-based protein and fiber. A delicious addition to meals, on top of salads, or on its own.
- 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon + 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbs de Provence
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt + pepper, to taste
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots, and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until tender. ~about 5 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Turn heat off of skillet. Add cooked lentils and stir to combine.
- Add prepared dressing and stir to combine.
- Serve and top with additional chopped parsley if desired.
- Category: salad, entree
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: lentil, vegan, gluten free, legume, vegetarian, meal, entree, main dish, salad, side dish