This Vegetarian Sweet Potato Peanut Stew recipe is full of veggies, peanut butter, and edamame to make a hearty and satisfying soup that is both vegan-friendly and gluten-free!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen leaf spinach, thawed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion, pepper, celery, and carrot. Cook until slightly tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and curry powder and cook an additional minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, sweet potato, bay leaf (if using), and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduced to a simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in edamame, peanut butter, and spinach, and simmer for additional 3-4 minutes, or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy.
- Can be served over a bed of rice or quinoa.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Soup, Stew
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 402
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 10
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 15
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: soup, stew, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free