Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai - A healthy and lower-carb version of a Thai restaurant classic. The sauce is so easy, and you probably have everything you need at home!
Pad Thai. I really don't think I have to say more, but I will just to up my word count. Pad Thai is one of my all-time favorite meals. Sweet, salty, sour, and only bitter once I run out. Some argue it's not as authentically Thai as other dishes.
And here's a secret, you will not even know you are eating a bowl of pure veg. That spaghetti squash sure is a con artist. I approve. Now that I eat copious bowls of this Pad Thai, I can say I am actually doing myself a favor loading up on vegetables.Print
Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
- Total Time: 13 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ⅙ block firm tofu, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- sriracha, to taste (optional)
- chopped peanuts/sunflower seeds
- Heat skillet over medium heat, and coat with non-stick spray.
- Add tofu and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Chop garlic and green onion, and add to pan.
- Cook for 30 seconds and add egg. Scramble and cook through.
- Remove egg from pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar and sriracha.
- Spray pan again and add spaghetti squash.
- Add sauce, tofu, and egg to pan and mix to coat and heat through.
- Transfer to bowl and top with chopped peanuts/sunflower seeds and additional sriracha if desired.
Carnivorize: Replace tofu with cooked chicken or shrimp.
Veganize: Omit egg.
Deglutify: Replace soy sauce with tamari, or other gluten-free soy sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 185
- Fat: 7
Make it a great day!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl
I have made Pad Thai with spaghetti squash before and it was one of the greatest things ever! I think that is my favorite way to eat spaghetti squash.
Emily @ More Than Just Dessert
Mmmmm mmmm this looks deelish! I also busted out my bike last week and my quads/butt were screaming!
I've never made spaghetti squash before but this alone is enough of a reason for me to give it a try!
Let me know if you give it a try. Hope you like it!
I would love to get this recipe and the page keeps messing up so I can't see it...could you possibly email it to me? The spaghetti squash pad thai???
Hi Jess! I am having some trouble with my plug-in for recipes so I had to change it which is why it is messed up. I will try to fix it today, but will send you the recipe as well. Thank you for asking!