- 6 Corn Tortillas, cut in half
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning*
- 1 (15 oz) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (15 oz) enchilada sauce*
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, chopped onion, bell pepper, garlic, and taco seasoning. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix refried beans with 4 tbsp of enchilada sauce to make easier for spreading.
- In a 9×9 glass baking dish, spoon 1/3 of the enchilada sauce to cover bottom.
- Arrange 4 tortilla halves to fit dish.
- Top with 1/3 of refried beans.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of black bean mixture over refried beans.
- Top with 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Repeat process twice more, ending with 1/4 cup cheese sprinkled on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
* Make sure seasonings used are GF.
Veganize: Substitute cheese for non-dairy alternatives or nutritional yeast.
Carnivorize: Replace half of beans with cooked ground turkey or shredded/diced chicken.
- Category: Main Dish