- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water (1 flax egg)
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup oat flour (1 cup oats blended into powder)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix flax and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine soy milk and vinegar (to make buttermilk).
- Add oats to a medium-sized bowl and mix with prepared buttermilk.
- Let oats soak on counter for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add oat mixture, mashed banana, and vanilla to dry ingredients.
- Stir until just combined.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Portion evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool additionally on cooling rack.
Veganize: Use non-dairy chocolate chips.
Carnivorize: You can use a regular egg in place of flax egg, and regular buttermilk for soy milk and vinegar.
De-glutify: Use certified GF oats and chocolate chips.
- Category: Baked Goods
- Serving Size: 1 muffin