A recreation with a twist of the famous #TTLA from Whole Foods made with Lightlife Tempeh Bacon, mashed avocado, spicy arugula, sliced tomato, and fresh basil on grilled sourdough bread. A hearty vegan sandwich even meat-lovers will devour!
- 3 slices Lightlife Tempeh Bacon
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 slices tomato
- 3–4 basil leaves
- handful arugula
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray.
- Add bacon slices, and cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until crispy.
- Spread mayonnaise on one slice of bread, and mash avocado on remaining slice.
- Sprinkle each with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add tomato to avocado topped slice followed by the bacon, basil, and arugula.
- Top with remaining slice of bread.
- Grill in heated skillet if desired, or serve as is.
- Grilled bread is KEY. Using a panini press is my favorite way to do it, but you can use a skillet instead, or even just toasted the bread. Just make sure your bread is crispy AF.
- Use the avocado and mayo as your glue to hold this monster together. Add the avocado to one slice, and the mayo to the other to girdle all those veggie fixin’s in there.
- No fresh basil? Try pesto instead! You can make your own without cheese if you want to keep it vegan.
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: assembly
- Cuisine: vegan
Keywords: tempeh, bacon, vegan, sandwich, lunch, vegetarian, blt, basil, avocado