Vegan BLT Sandwich — A recreation with a twist of the famous TTLA from Whole Foods made with Tempeh Bacon, mashed avocado, spicy arugula, sliced tomato, and fresh basil on grilled sourdough bread. A hearty vegan sandwich even meat-lovers will devour!
This post is sponsored by Lightlife. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the partners that help make Sinful Nutrition possible!
So we meet again. B to the A to the C-O-N, BACON.
Never has a non-bacon bacon been talked about by a non-bacon lover. This is why I’m socially awkward.
So I tried my hands on making my own tempeh bacon, so it’s only right to try out what it’s actually supposed to taste like, right?
Lightlife knows what they’re doing with facon. So much so, they made a sandy out of it. I alluded to this in yesterday’s instagram post, so I know y’all at on the edge of your seats with anticipation for me to just get on with it, and end this bacon madness already.
I’m getting there.
It’s called a TTLA, and it’s all the rage at your local WF Lounge (or Whole Foods for 99.999% of the world). That stands for Tempeh, Tomato, Lettuce, and Avocado, and it is avocadomazing.
But of course I had to spin that Sinful Nutrition track on that. And here we are.
- Grilled bread is KEY. Using a panini press is my favorite way to do it, but you can use a skillet instead, or even just toasted the bread. Just make sure your bread is crispy AF.
- Use the avocado and mayo as your glue to hold this monster together. Add the avocado to one slice, and the mayo to the other to girdle all those veggie fixin’s in there.
- No fresh basil? Try pesto instead! You can make your own without cheese if you want to keep it vegan.
- 3 slices Lightlife Tempeh Bacon
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 slices tomato
- 3-4 basil leaves
- handful arugula
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray.
- Add bacon slices, and cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until crispy.
- Spread mayonnaise on one slice of bread, and mash avocado on remaining slice.
- Sprinkle each with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add tomato to avocado topped slice followed by the bacon, basil, and arugula.
- Top with remaining slice of bread.
- Grill in heated skillet if desired, or serve as is.
Pin this recipe for later!
Not sick of tempeh yet?
Give these recipes a try!
Make it a great day!
Have you tried a TTLA sandwich yet?
What would make the most EPIC BLT for you?