This Healthy Vegan Two Ingredient Sweet Potato Ice Cream Recipe is quick and easy to make – no churn required! Made with mashed sweet potato and banana, with optional spices to make it taste like pie in ice cream form!
- 1 large sweet potato, or 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- honey or maple syrup (optional, for drizzling)
- Wash sweet potato, pierce with a fork, and cook on high for 6-8 minutes, or until tender. Let cool to touch.
- Scoop flesh out of potato, and transfer to a small bowl.
- Mash with vanilla and cinnamon if using.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container with a lid, and freeze sweet potato at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Slice banana, and freeze at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Once frozen, add potato and banana to a food processor or high-powered blender, and blend until smooth.
- Top with additional cinnamon and maple syrup or honey if desired, and serve for a soft-serve texture, or freeze until firmer for hard ice cream texture.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Full recipe
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 108
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 66
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: sweet potato, banana, ice cream, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dessert