These Sweet and Savory Granola Bars made with California walnuts, rosemary, honey, and oats is the perfect on the go snack.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts
- 3/4 cup puffed wheat cereal (can also used puffed millet or puffed rice cereal)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 2 teaspoons chopped dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Combine oats, walnuts, cereal, raisins, flax, rosemary, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, and add honey and oil.
- Stir frequently until mixture starts to bubble.
- Let mixture bubble for 30 seconds, stirring often before removing from heat.
- Let cool for 1 minutes before pouring into oat mixture, and stirring until fully combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan, and press down very firmly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, or freeze for 30 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.
- Store in a resealable container in the fridge for up to 10 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Top bars with extra parchment, plastic wrap, or coat hands in oil before pressing down to keep from sticking.
- Can use maple syrup instead of honey to make vegan-friendly.
*nutrition facts are estimated.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 17
- Sodium: 51
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: walnuts, snack, granola, vegetarian, recipe