- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Add vegetables to skillet, and saute until softened 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, egg, oats, 1/2 cup tomato sauce and vegetables.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer mixture to a baking sheet, and form into loaf.
- Top with tomato sauce, and bake for 1 hour, or until cooked through.
- Serve with extra tomato sauce if desired.
- Category: dinner, beef, main dish