Strawberry Rhubarb Sangria Recipe — A bubbly Spring inspired cocktail made with pink moscato, strawberry soda, frozen strawberries, and fresh rhubarb.
I received free product in exchange for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Happy Cinco de Mayo-eve my friends!
I hope you’re gearing up for a day of buckwild fun tomorrow. I’m talking an extra guac AND fried ice cream kinda night. Just be sure to stay hydrated with Mexican water, otherwise known as tequila. Or you could always go with one of my favorite bevs of choice.
So when Zevia reached out to me as part of their #TheNewSweet campaign, I knew I had to step up my game. A couple slices of oranges in my Franzia weren’t gunna fly.
I’ve professed my love for their Strawberry flavor before, and now that spring has full-blown sprung, it was time to pair it up with another seasonal favorite.
Rhu-bahb…And yes, you have to say it’s name with a Boston accent at all times. So before you say you don’t like strawberry rhubarb, through some wine and brandy with it and then chat with me.
Meanwhile, I’ll be enjoying a glass with my extra guac.
- 2 stalks rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 bottle pink Moscato
- 1 (10 oz) can Zevia strawberry soda, or ginger ale
- ice cubes
- Combine chopped strawberries, rhubarb, and sugar in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- In a large pitcher, combine brandy and wine.
- Add fruit mixture and ginger ale.
- Top with ice cubes and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Category: drinks, alcoholic
[Tweet “Bubbly Strawberry Rhubarb Sangria just in time for Spring #ad @zevia”]
Make it a great day!
Strawberry rhubarb fan?
What’s your favorite Mexican-inspired dish?