- 1/2 cup oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon each of chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin
- pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 avocado
- fried egg (optional)
- Combine first five ingredients in a mason jar with a lid.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, mix together beans, spices, and lime juice in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in microwave for 30 seconds, or until warmed.
- Add beans to oats, and top with avocado and egg if using.
- Category: Breakfast, oatmeal