Snickers Pancakes Recipe — It’s like having a candy bar for breakfast! Chocolate Pancakes with crushed peanuts and caramel drizzle.
I had an amazing weekend with this beautiful weather and all, not to mention the start of FALL! I guess I can enjoy the 2 weeks of foliage and apple picking before we are sitting in 2 feet of snow. Seriously why is Winter 10 bajillion times longer than Fall?! Not fair. I think I’m gunna protest against Winter this year. Winter is Over (If we want it).
Enough about snow, bring on the pumpkin! I had my first candy corn this weekend which I’m surprised I lasted this long without it. Next up is a caramel apple though. With an equal ratio of caramel to apple I might add. Here’s a snapshot of what my weekend consisted of, with a full recap to come later on this week.
But today my friends, let’s get down to the matter of the batter. Pancake batter. Meet candy bar. And they lived happily ever after. The End.
I’ve been wanting to make these for the longest time now, and with a blank slate on Sunday, it was just calling for these to be made. I like to lead my life with a personal quote of mine, which I hope you take to heart…
“Sundays are just better with pancakes.”
And if they were Snickers pancakes, make that anyday. Errday.Print
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 T sugar
- 2 packets stevia, or additional tbsp of sugar
- 2/3 cup soy milk with 1 T vinegar added (or 2/3 cup buttermilk)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- caramel topping
- Add vinegar to milk, stir, and set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Drop batter by spoonful and spread slightly.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Flip and cook additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve topped with warmed caramel topping.
Veganize: Substitute caramel topping with vegan alternative.
Deglutify: Substitute flour with GF all-purpose flour or coconut flour.
- Category: Breakfast, Pancakes
- Serving Size: 3 Pancakes
fab get in my mouth already.
PS the caramel sauce MAKES it. I mean would you really get a Snickers bar without caramel? And by the way a stack of these babies has roughly the same amount of calories, but 12.5 less grams of fat, 28 grams less of sugar and no trans fat than a Snickers bar. But your choice really. It’s a free country. Imma go eat some now and pretty I’m Betty White playing football.
What’s your favorite kind of pancake?
Snickers, Milky Way, or Three Musketeers?