This smashed lentil salad is an easy and healthy recipe, made with fresh veggies, chopped avocado, and crumbled feta. Perfect for quick lunches!
- 1 cup dry brown lentils, rinsed (or about 2 cups cooked lentils)
- 1 tablespoon tahini (or plain/garlic hummus)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (about 1/2 small)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook lentils according to package instructions in a pot of boiling water. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a large bowl.
- Smash lentils with the back of a fork, leaving a few lentils intact.
- Add tahini (or hummus) lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- If mixture is too dry, add more dressing ingredients, or a little bit of water until the desired texture is reached.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve in a sandwich, over a salad, or on crackers, and store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 552
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 11
- Cholesterol: 5
Keywords: Lentil, Salad, Vegetarian, Feta, Avocado