This simple apple crisp recipe is made with cinnamon, crystalized ginger, and only takes only one bowl to make! A healthier and easy fall dessert to make again and again!
- 6 medium apples, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup certified gluten-free oats, ground*
- 1/2 cup certified gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, solid
- 1/3 cup candied ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped apples, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Add filling ingredients to a cast iron skillet, and set aside.
- In the same bowl, add ground and whole oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Use fork or fingers to mix until topping mixture becomes crumbly.
- Evenly pour topping over prepared filling.
- Sprinkle in chopped ginger.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until topping in golden brown, and filling is bubbly.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
*gluten-free flour can be used instead of ground oats.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: apple, ginger, cinnamon, dessert, fall, recipe, crisp