A low-carb and gluten free cauliflower fried rice recipe that’s thrown on a sheet pan and baked in the oven. Only 7 ingredients, and made in under 20 minutes!
Happy Friday y’all!
AND happy first day of fall…y’all!
Bust out the boots, flannel, and you foodie party hats, cuz it’s also Recipe Redux time!
Here’s what was in store for this month.
Sheet Pan Meals
We love throwing ingredients together on a sheet pan and roasting for a simple sheet pan dinner. They make busy weeknights a bit more manageable. (And clean-up isn’t bad either!) Show us your healthy take on a sheet pan meal.
To be honest, I never really jumped on the sheet pan dinner train, even though the dump and bake kinda dishes are my jam.
I think they may be on to something with these meals though.
I’ve been trying..like REALLY trying to like cauliflower rice. Maybe it’s the texture, or the expectation, but it’s been a hard sell. I’m having flashbacks to my battles with quinoa all over again.
But dousing it in soy sauce and covering it in fried eggs sure has helped.
And baking it? Even better. It gives a nice crunch to the cauliflower that brings me that much closer to what I know and love about the OG rice.
Plus, fried (or baked?) eggs win my heart over scrambled every. damn. time.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups riced cauliflower (about 1 head cauliflower)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cups gluten-free tamari, or soy sauce if not gluten-free
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Mix together mixed vegetables, chopped onion, cauliflower, sesame oil, tamari or soy sauce, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, make 4 indentations, and spray with extra cooking spray.
- Crack an egg into each indentation, and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Top with chopped green onion and serve.
- Category: dinner, main dish, entree
[Tweet “A quick and easy #lowcarb and #glutenfree sheet pan fried rice! #thereciperedux”]
Hover over image to pin for later!
Make it a great day!
Do you have any favorite sheet pan meals?
Fried rice or lo mein?