This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is infused with the flavors of sesame, ginger, and scallion. Makes a quick and easy dinner or lunch any night of the week in less than 30 minutes!
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti noodles, broken in half
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat Instant Pot on “Saute” setting.
- Add olive oil, carrots, onion, and red peppers, and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Turn Instant Pot off, and add garlic, chicken, spaghetti, broth, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot, and turn valve to closed.
- Heat on “Soup” setting, and manually turn down time to 4 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, turn valve to release until all steam is out.
- Remove lid, and stir in sesame oil, and green onions.
- Top with additional green onions and sesame seeds when serving if desired.
- Vegetarian or Vegan? Sub out the chicken for tofu, use veggie broth, and maple instead of honey.
- Gluten-free? Use a gluten-free tamari and buckwheat noodles.
- Add chopped peanuts when serving for an extra crunch.
- Turn up or turn down the spice by adjusting the amount of red pepper flakes.
- Category: soup, instant pot
- Method: pressure cooking
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: instant pot, pressure cooker, soup, chicken, sesame, recipe