This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is infused with the flavors of sesame, ginger, and scallion. Makes a quick and easy dinner, lunch, or any meal in between!
This post is sponsored by Instant Pot. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Oh the weather outside is WINTER.
When did we get here, and what have you done with Fall?! I’m genuinely concerned. Besides the mountain of blankets, fleece sheets, burning hot showers, and endless cups of tea, I’m getting by.
And soups. Thank G.O.D for soups.
Especially SOUPa spicy, open the floodgates of my sinuses kinda soup. Nothing wakes you up and lowers your heating bill at the same time as an extra kick in the pants..or bowl.
Being the late in the game kinda gal I am, I finally staggered on the Instant Pot caboose just in time for soup season. At first glance, it’s a bit like navigating an air traffic control panel. Once you take a deep breath, and actually take a gander at the manual or the breadth of guides available online, you realize how freakin’ awesome it in fact is.
Now nothing tops cold weather comfort much like chicken noodle soup. But have you had sesame all up in your chix noodz before? If you’re a spicy sesame noodle fan, you are in luck.
- Vegetarian or Vegan? Sub out the chicken for tofu, use veggie broth, and maple instead of honey.
- Gluten-free? Use a gluten-free tamari and buckwheat noodles.
- Add chopped peanuts when serving for an extra crunch.
- Turn up or turn down the spice by adjusting the amount of red pepper flakes.
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti noodles, broken in half
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat Instant Pot on "Saute" setting.
- Add olive oil, carrots, onion, and red peppers, and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Turn Instant Pot off, and add garlic, chicken, spaghetti, broth, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and red pepper flakes.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot, and turn valve to closed.
- Heat on "Soup" setting, and manually turn down time to 4 minutes.
- Once finished cooking, turn valve to release until all steam is out.
- Remove lid, and stir in sesame oil, and green onions.
- Top with additional green onions and sesame seeds when serving if desired.
inspired by Live Simply.
And if you’d rather watch how it’s made, you can check out the video below!
Can’t see it? Find it here!
More SOUPer recipes!
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite cold weather food?
Have you tried the Instant Pot yet?