Whip up this scotch egg breakfast burger recipe for a protein packed meal to power you through 'til lunch!
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by The Beef Checkoff and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Two posts in one weekend?! I've surely gone off the blogging deep end.
And all in the name of
love BEEF. If you've got beef with that, just relax. Don't have a cow now.
Yes, because one burger-infused blog post wasn't enough for this converted vegetarian in one weekend. When life hands you free beef, make burgers of uncharted territories.
As in breakfast burgers. Burger wrapped egg burgers. Say whaaaaa?!
If you've never heard of a scotch egg before, it's a popular English breakfast dish composed of a hard boiled egg wrapped in sausage, breaded, and fried. Sounds legit.
So I decided to American-ize it, and burger-ize it!
And whoever says you can't have a burger for breakfast is someone that doesn't deserve to be in your life. Along with those people who question your peanut butter eating decisions..
Plus, eating 20-30 grams of high-quality protein, like lean beef or eggs can help you lose and/or maintain a healthy weight, and support a healthy metabolism. Not to mention being able to eat a burger for breakfast.
Some of the more remarkable benefits of eating protein throughout the day include feeling satisfied after a protein-packed meal, which helps reduce mindless eating as well as helps build muscle and reduce body fat. You can get more information about the research/benefits of lean beef protein right here.
I can guarantee you this protein-filled breakfast will get you much further than any bowl of cereal or slice of toast could ever dream of.Print
Scotch Egg Breakfast Burger
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 2 burgers 1x
- ½ lb 90% lean ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- hamburger buns
- burger toppings (lettuce, tomato, mustard, ketchup, etc.)
- In a small bowl, mix together ground beef, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Divide mixture into two balls, and flatten out as much as possible.
- Wrap each egg in beef mixture, until completely coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray.
- Add burger patties, cooking 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Add burger to buns, and top with desired toppings.
- Serve alongside fresh fruit and hash brown potatoes, and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: burger, entree, breakfast, main dish, beef
Here's how you make your little burger pocket full of egg. The gift that keeps on giving..
Pin for later!
Make it a great day!
Have you ever had a Scotch Egg?
What's the weirdest thing you've ever had for breakfast?
Rachel @ Athletic Avocado
Oh my goodness This is such a great idea!!! This would be such a hearty and filling breakfast! 🙂
Jessica @ Nutritioulicious
that is just awesome. Awe-some!
I would be thrilled to have this for breakfast! I'm also thrilled about all of the beef puns. Excellent work.