This Savory Bread Pudding recipe made with hearty bread, ham, swiss cheese, and eggs is an easy make-ahead main dish for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner!
- 1 loaf 6 grain bread, cubed (about 6 cups)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) diced swiss cheese
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) diced Frick’s Hickory Smoked Sliced Gourmet Ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cubed bread to glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Dijon, and pepper.
- Stir in parmesan, swiss, and ham.
- Pour mixture over bread, and press down until bread soaks up mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until egg is cooked through.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Day old bread works best to soak up mixture. I usually cube my bread the night before, and let sit on the counter overnight.
- You can make this dish ahead of time, cover, and refrigerate overnight to bake in the morning.
- It is also delicious served with warm maple syrup drizzled on top.
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, dinner, casserole, ham, swiss cheese, bread