These Roast Beef Wellington Bites are an easy yet impressive appetizer recipe for any get together. You have to try with this healthier horseradish dip!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 9 slices (about ½ lb) deli roast beef, cut in half
- 5 slices (about ¼ lb) swiss cheese, cut in half
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes, until softened and browned.
- While mushrooms are cooking, remove puff pastry from freezer, and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 9 even squares.
- In a medium bowl, mix together greek yogurt, mayonnaise, horseradish, and black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add 9 puff pastry squares to each prepared baking sheet, and add ½ tablespoon of mushrooms to the middle of each square.
- Roll each piece of roast beef into a bite-size shape, and add on top of mushrooms.
- Top with a piece of swiss cheese.
- Wet finger tips with water, and fold corners of each puff pastry square into the middle to form a circle.
- Place each pastry with folds facing down on baking sheet.
- Pierce each with a fork, and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or room temperature with prepared dipping sauce.
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: English
- Serving Size: 1 bite + 1 T dipping sauce
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 276
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 13
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 8
- Cholesterol: 16
Keywords: roast beef, wellington, puff pastry, horseradish, appetizer, entertaining, party