Red Wine Sorbet — A low sugar dessert made with three simple ingredients. The perfect cool, sweet treat for wine lovers! [ low-sugar, gluten-free ]
It’s Monday, pour me a fat glass of…sorbet??
That’s right. Wine meet sorbet. Sorbet meet wine. Then comes wine sorbet in a baby carriage.
What makes this red wine sorbet delicious and healthy
- Red wine
- Frozen mixed berries
How to make this wine sorbet
Start by pouring 1 1/2 cups of red wine into an ice cube tray. I used a red blend, but any sweeter red wine will work. Add ice cube tray to freezer for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
Once frozen (they won’t freeze all the way through), add wine cubes to a food processor, along with 3 cup of frozen mixed berries, and 2 1/2 tablespoons of honey. Blend until mixture is smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl as you go.
The mixture can be eaten as is, or added back to the freezer for another hour for a firmer texture. Store in a freezer-friendly container for up to 2 months in the freezer.
- Use just one type of berry like blueberries or raspberries to mix it up.
- Add more or less honey if you want it more/less sweet.
- Opt for a sweeter red wine for a sweeter flavor without more added honey.
What kind of red wine do I use?
I used a red blend wine for this recipe, but any sweeter red wine will work. You want the wine on the sweeter side to avoid having to add too much sweetener. Sweet Reds or Pinot Noirs also work great.
My wine didn’t freeze all the way. What did I do wrong?
Nothing at all! Because of the alcohol content, the wine will not freeze completely, but will remain semi-frozen no matter how long you freeze it. This actually works out great, since it will have a scoop-able texture all the time!
Money-Saving Tips for this Red Wine Sorbet
Buy in bulk. Opt for the larger bag of frozen mixed berries for a more cost-effective option.
Shop sales. If you’re not brand-loyal, see what wine is on sale that week for the most affordable option.
more cocktail recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment & rating to let me know how it turned out!
Pin this to your cocktails board!Print
This Homemade Red Wine Sorbet is a low sugar dessert made with three simple ingredients. The perfect cool, sweet treat for wine lovers!
- 1 1/2 cups red blend wine
- 3 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey*
- Pour wine into a clean ice cube tray, and freeze overnight.
- Pop semi-frozen wine ice cubes into the bowl of a food processor along with remaining ingredients.
- Blend until mixture is smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl as you go.
- Eat as is, or freeze an additional hour for firmer texture.
- Store in freezer-friendly container with lid for up to 2 weeks in freezer.
* can use agave syrup if vegan.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: Cocktails
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 12
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: red wine, cocktail, drink, sorbet, frozen cocktail, summer, mixed berries