This Pumpkin French Toast recipe is a quick and easy breakfast fit for Fall! Made with just 7 simple ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes.
- 1 extra-large egg (or 2 medium/large eggs)
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 slices white whole wheat bread (or favorite sliced bread)
- maple syrup, butter, pumpkin butter (for serving)
- In a large shallow dish, whisk together egg(s), milk, canned pumpkin, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- Dip both sides of a slice of bread into egg mixture, and add to skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
*nutrition information estimated
- For a sweeter french toast, add a tablespoon of brown sugar or maple syrup to egg mixture before dipping bread.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 slices (no toppings)
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 461
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 15
- Cholesterol: 166
Keywords: recipe, pumpkin, breakfast, fall, french toast