A recipe for pressure cooker mashed potatoes made in under 30 minutes! The perfect vegan and gluten-free side dish for any meal or occasion.
- 8 cups (about 3 pounds) yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk ( I used plain, unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add potatoes, broth, and salt to pressure cooker.
- Stir to combine, and lock-in lid, making sure nozzle is set to pressure.
- Set to “manual” on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes is up, quick-release pressure. Turn pressure cooker off.
- Drain potatoes, reserving 1/2 cup of liquid.
- Add potatoes back to bowl of pressure cooker.
- Mash in buttery spread, milk, and vinegar until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use reserved broth if potatoes become dry.
- Keep warm, or serve immediately.
- You can add 2 cloves of minced garlic when mashing for extra flavor.
- Not strictly vegan? Replace the buttery spread with regular butter, and the plant milk and vinegar for buttermilk, or regular milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar.
- These are best served immediately, but adding warm broth or milk will help keep them from getting too dry.
- Mash potatoes as soon as they as done cooking to prevent lumps, and to make it easier to mash.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: side dish
Keywords: potatoes, instant pot, pressure cooker, comfort food, side dish, vegan, vegetarian