- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 (15 oz) jar pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- In the bowl of a food processor, add all ingredients except diced tomatoes.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl 1-2 times.
- Transfer to a bowl, and stir in diced tomatoes.
- Serve with pita chips, chopped veggies, or spread on wrap or sandwich.
- Category: Appetizer, dips & spreads