Pecan Pie Rice Krispie Treats — Two classic dessert recipes join forces to make these addictingly sweet and gooey bars. No marshmallows required!
Holy turkey giblets, how is it seriously Thanksgiving this week?!
AKA like two days from now leggings and oversized sweaters will welcome my pumpkin pie and stuffing-induced bloat babes with open arms.
I seriously feel like last week, I was basking in the light of this view.
..Just kidding it’s snowing and I am miserably freezing 98% of my day for the next 6 months.
MOVING ON! It’s Recipe Redux time! Here’s what was in store for this month…
Trimming the Table
The holiday baking season is upon us. Time to pull out all the stops. Show us the healthy holiday dessert you will be sharing with family and friends this season.
If we’re being honest here, my baking skillz have fallen off the from scratch and homemade bandwagon, straight into pop and bake territory. (hey, cinnamon roll apple roses!) No shame, but really I do LOVE baking.
My growing procrastination, loath of kitchen cleaning, and precise measurements however do NOT love baking.
So I leave the pies for the holidays up to the experts at the bakeries and supermarkets, and I’ll take over the expertise at nailing the proper ratio of pie to melty ice cream.
With lots of trial runs to be sure. 🙂
So while I may have never actually made a pecan pie, I have now made one in krispie handheld, gluten-free and vegan-friendly form, so I got that going for me.
Now you can save all those little mallows for all the hot cocoa you’ll make for me the rest of the year. 🙂
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light butter spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- in a large skillet over medium heat, add chopped pecans.
- Toast for 3-5 minutes, tossing frequently until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add brown sugar and butter spread to a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat maple syrup over medium heat until boiling.
- Boil until syrup reaches 225 degrees, or about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour syrup over reserved brown sugar and butter.
- Add vanilla and salt, and whisk until combined.
- Pour in rice cereal and 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, and spread evenly.
- Top with plastic wrap, and press firmly on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Store in refrigerator for best quality.
- Category: Dessert
inspired by DELICIOUSLY ORGANIC
[Tweet “Pecan pie meets rice krispie treats in this #vegan and #gluten free dessert! #thereciperedux”]
Be sure to get more healthy holiday dessert inspiration below!
Make a Sinful Nutrition recipe? Hashtag it with #sinfulnutrition and show me your creations!
[inlinkz_linkup id=657462 mode=1]
You May Also Like:
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite holiday dessert?
Any plans for Thanksgiving?