This two ingredient peanut butter magic shell recipe is homemade with just powdered peanut butter & coconut oil. The perfect ice cream topping for peanut butter lovers!
Just when I thought peanut butter couldn't get more awesome, it got more awesome.
Like ice cream awesome. Volume 11 awesome. A bit more awe in your some AWESOME.
Did I make my case?
What makes this peanut butter magic shell delicious and healthy
- powdered peanut butter - or the OG peanut butter!
- coconut oil
How to make this peanut butter magic shell
In a small bowl, mix together ½ cup of powdered peanut butter with ¼ cup of melted coconut oil until fully combined. Serve by pouring over ice cream. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and heat in the microwave until liquid when ready to serve.
- You can make this with regular peanut butter as well, but may not freeze as solid as this version. Simply replace the powdered peanut butter with ¼ cup of natural (the runny kind) peanut butter.
- Drizzle over frozen strawberries for a cool pb & j!
- Make a chocolate version with hot cocoa mix!
I don't have powdered peanut butter. Can I make this with regular peanut butter?
Yes! It may not be as solid, but can still be done. Just swap out the powdered peanut butter for ¼ cup of natural (the runny kind) peanut butter, and treat just the same.
How do I store this?
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator, and microwave for 10 seconds at a time until it is liquid-y.
How much does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about ⅓ cup of magic shell, or about 6 tablespoons worth. You can certainly double if you want more on hand!
Money-Saving Tips for this Peanut Butter Magic Shell Recipe:
- Shop around. I find that Trader Joe's has the best deal on coconut oil, but browse your local grocery stores to see which has the best price.
- Buy online. Good ol' Amazon is a good place to look for powdered peanut butter if you can't find it in your local grocery store. Discount stores such as TJ Maxx or Marshalls are also a good place to look.
more peanut butter recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment and a rating to let me know how it came out!