Name a more powerful couple than chocolate and peanut butter. No really, I’ll wait. This might take a while.
I’ll save you the time and let you know that there isn’t one. But things are getting a little frisky in time for Valentine’s Day. We’re inviting one more to this love party.
I’m not big on Valentine’s Day. Sure, I’m a hopeless romantic, but really I’d rather have cold hard cash than a dozen roses. A dozen chocolate dipped strawberries though? Keep ’em coming. Chocolate dipped strawberries with PEANUT BUTTER. Marry me right here, right now.
It’s kinda dangerous how easy these are to make. It’s a close call whether making these or eating these takes less time, but I’ll test this a couple more (hundred) times and let you know. Because…research.
Valentine or not, you deserve a dozen of these babies. Maybe it’s your birthday, or labor day, or April the 2nd. All of these are valid reasons to dip some fruit in chocolate and peanut butter. Plus, it’s a fruit, so it’s practically healthy, right? At Least that’s what I tell myself as I perpetually polish them off before they even have a chance to come off the cooling rack.
Money-Saving Tips for these Peanut Butter Chocolate Dipped Strawberries:
- Buy store brand. Most grocery stores carry their own brands of natural peanut butter and chocolate chips. Opt for these instead of name brands for a less expensive option.
more dessert recipes:Print
These peanut butter chocolate dipped strawberries are an easy to make dessert for Valentine’s Day, or for any peanut butter lover.
- 12 Strawberries, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Wash and dry strawberries, leaving top intact.
- Microwave peanut butter in glass bowl for 20 seconds.
- Dip a large spoon in peanut butter. Roll each strawberry in spoon to cover.
- Place strawberries on cooling rack, and store in freezer at least 20 minutes, or until peanut butter is firmed.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in double boiler or in microwave-safe bowl until smooth.
- Let chocolate cool 5 minutes.
- Dip each strawberry in chocolate, and refrigerate until served.
Keywords: strawberries, peanut butter, chocolate, dessert, valentine's day
Pin this recipe to your Desserts board!
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite way to eat chocolate?
Love or loathe Valentine’s Day?