This Greek Yogurt Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing Recipe is an easy and healthy, gluten-free version of a classic creamy dressing perfect for a salad or a simple dip!
This recipe was originally published in 2016, but has since been updated and improved.
I'm not usually one for creamy dressings...that is, until I tried parmesan peppercorn. It's got a bit more oomph than a ranch, so I like to refer to it as the PG-13 version of ranch. Making your own is easier, healthier, and done in as little as 5 minutes!
What makes this parmesan peppercorn greek yogurt dressing healthy & delicious
- plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- low-fat milk
- grated parmesan cheese
- freshly cracked pepper
How to make this dressing
In a mixing bowl or mason jar, add in 1 cup of plain low-fat Greek yogurt, ⅓ cup of low-fat milk, 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon vinegar, ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 ½ teaspoons freshly cracked pepper.
Stir until fully combined, and add to a resealable container or mason jar with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Mix and store dressing in a mason jar with a lid so you only have to dirty one dish.
- Use full-fat yogurt and whole milk for a richer, creamier texture and flavor.
- Besides for salads, use this dressing for a veggie dip, or even in a sandwich or wrap.
How long does this dressing last?
This dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days before needing to be tossed out. If you don't use that much dressing, you could always cut the recipe in half to keep from wasting any.
Can you freeze this parmesan peppercorn dressing?
Since it is primarily dairy-based I would advise not freezing the dressing, since the taste and texture will become altered once frozen and thawed. As mentioned, cut the recipe in half if needed.
Is this greek yogurt dressing healthy?
This dressing is definitely lower in calories and saturated fat than many creamy dressings out there, and can be a healthier choice. Also, you can control the amounts of each ingredient that goes in it. If you want a lower-calorie dressing, use a non-fat yogurt. Want it lower in sodium? Cut back on the added salt. If you want it a little more decadent and creamy, use a full-fat yogurt and milk.
Money-Saving Tips for this Parmesan Peppercorn Greek Yogurt Dressing:
- Buy in bulk. Purchasing the bigger (32 ounce) container of Greek yogurt is a better bargain than the individual cups. Use up the leftovers for a healthy snack, or these savory overnight oats.
- Use store brand. Buying store brands for basic items such as salt, pepper, and vinegar are usually less expensive without sacrificing flavor or quality.
- Chop your own. Using pre-chopped garlic is convenient, but also more expensive. Save a little more, and chop your own at home.
more salad dressing recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!