Parmesan Peppercorn Greek Yogurt Dressing Recipe — A healthy and gluten-free version of a classic creamy dressing perfect for a salad or as a dip!
It’s Cinco de Drinko!
de Mayo. de Drinko. To-may-to. To-ma-to.
And I have a totally non-Mexican recipe to share with you!
But one that has been in the post archives for a good year now. So what better way to bust it out of the vault like a Disney movie than during national flippin’ SALAD MONTH?!
It’s a thing. I didn’t make it on my own. But I should have at least been on the voting committee since 2 a day salads are the norm for me most days. Not bitter at all though.
I’m usually not one for creamy dressings..or dressings at all most days. Usually mustard or salsa is a standard fill-in for dressings on my many a meal salads, despite my best intentions of making my own.
That is until I had parmesan peppercorn dressing. It’s creamy, but has that peppery hand to the face bite that regular ol’ ranch can’t give me. So I knew I had to make it my own, and of course invite Greek yogurt to the non-Cinco de Mayo related fiesta.
You can use full-fat, non-fat, kinda chubby, or any yogurt that you so desire. I used non-fat cuz that’s what I had on hand, but since full-fat is pretty much sour cream to me anyways, I bet it would make a fine stand-in for it in this recipe.
But just don’t let salad month kill your vibe on this. It’s a perfect dipping companion for raw and cooked veggies alike, and I wouldn’t even put it past me to slather a spoonful on a sammich. Maybe even dip your slice of pizza if you’re one of them folks.
But while we’re here, why not put it on a taco or tortilla chip. I won’t judge. 🙂
Money-Saving Tips for this Greek Yogurt Dressing Recipe:
- Buy in bulk. Purchasing the bigger (32 ounce) container of Greek yogurt is a better bargain than the individual cups. Use up the leftovers for a healthy snack, or these savory overnight oats.
- Use store brand. Buying store brands for basic items such as salt, pepper, and vinegar are usually less expensive without sacrificing flavor or quality.
- Chop your own. Using pre-chopped herbs and garlic is convenient, but also more expensive. Save a little more, and chop your own at home.
more salad dressing recipes:Print
A healthy and gluten-free version of a classic creamy dressing perfect for a salad or as a dip!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or Skyrr ( I used Siggi’s)
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl or mason jar with lid.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Category: Dressing, Dip
- Method: no-cook
- Cuisine: Condiments
Keywords: greek yogurt, salad, dressing, gluten free, vegetarian, parmesan, peppercorn
[Tweet “A healthy take on a classic Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing! #HealthySaladDressing #GreekYogurtDressing #SinfulNutrition”]
Pin this to your Salad Dressings or Dips board!
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite kind of dressing?
Any cinco celebration plans?