This Oven Baked Pizza Donut Recipe is made with buttermilk biscuits filled with melty cheese, warm marinara, and coated in seasoned parmesan. The ultimate treat for any pizza lover!
- 1 canister (8 count) refrigerated jumbo biscuits
- 1 block (8 ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- parchment paper or aluminum foil
- turkey baster or pastry bag
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Separate biscuits, and flatten each into a disc.
- Place a cube of cheese in the center of each biscuit, and wrap around to cover.
- Add to prepare baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden.
- While baking, mix parmesan, garlic powder, and italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Remove donuts from the oven, and while still warm brush each side with olive oil.
- Dip each donut in parmesan cheese mixture to coat.
- Warm marinara in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Use a turkey baster or pastry bag to fill each donut with marinara sauce.
- These are best served warm, but can be enjoyed room temperature as well. Reheat in a 350°F oven for 5-8 minutes before serving.
- Try filling donuts with a slice of pepperoni, ground sausage, or grilled veggies for a fun alternative.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 donuts
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 736
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 4
Keywords: pizza, donut, appetizer, snack, vegetarian, baked, cheese