This Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe is made healthier with three simple ingredient swaps, and all in one bowl! The perfect treat full of fall flavor!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup Mazola corn oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat an 8.5×4.5 loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift or whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add pumpkin, oil, maple syrup, water, and eggs, and stir until fully combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, if using, and additional cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- 1 cup whole wheat and 1 cup all-purpose flour can be used in place of white whole wheat flour.
- Make these into muffins instead by lining a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or coating with spray, and baking for 20-25 minutes.
- Optional stir-ins include chopped walnuts, dried cranberries, or dark chocolate chips.
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 217
- Fat: 7.5
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 31
Keywords: pumpkin, bread, fall, desserts, baked goods, mazola