This post is sponsored by Amazing Grass on behalf of Fit Approach. Thanks for supporting brands that making Sinful Nutrition possible!
And that’s what we call the shortest work week of all. The end.
On a serious note, who do I have to talk to in order to make 3 day weekends a thing? Hook a sister up.
And with that…chocolate.
I partnered up with Amazing Grass to show you that yes, grass can in fact taste amazing, and do amazing things. Not three day weekend amazing things, but let’s not go there.
They do however make a brand spankin’ new plant-based protein powder, full of seven different types of organic greens, two servings of fruits and vegetables, and 20 grams of protein per serving. Which is pretty much err’thang I put into my morning smoothie, but in one fell scoop.
They come in three flavors: Original, Vanilla, and Chocolate Peanut Butter. I’ll give you one guess which one I chose…
Now I know smoothies and protein powders are like the Jay Z to Queen B, but I’m not one for the mainstream. I like to keep my recipes as hipster as possible. They all own a pair of Chuck Taylor’s, a thrift store jean jacket, and a copy of Simon and Garfunkel on vinyl for safe measures as well.
And since I like to procrastinate as much as possible, I usually leave about 2 minutes to make breakfast after a quick yoga sesh, run along the water….or scrolling through what’s trending on Facebook for half an hour. #priorities
So grab and go is more my style in the am. I like that I could pretty much throw this stuff in a blender with some almond milk, ice, and a banana (or avocado for milkshake status) and be G2G (that’s Good to Go ), but for the most part, I like to chew my meals. I makes me feel like…I dunno I’m actually eating food. But hey that’s just me, I’m no scientist.
Especially when it tastes like FRIGGEN BROWNIE BATTER. For realz though guys, I will eat brownie-like superfood, secretly super duper healthy bars for breakfast any day over a $12 bottle of pond scum. Plus, these are loaded with protein, veggies, no oils, flours, and only a pinch of added sweetener, and won’t leave you broke and hungry after approximately 7 minutes. But who am I to say, I’m just a grass eating hipster recipe maker…
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Superfood
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Heat peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 10-30 seconds, or until liquid.
- Stir together with maple syrup, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Add in the oats, Amazing Grass, and cocoa powder, and stir until evenly mixed.
- Scoop batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Put a second sheet of parchment or plastic wrap over the top and press down firmly.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or until firm, or refrigerate 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 9 squares with a sharp knife, and wrap with plastic wrap, or in an airtight container.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- Category: Snacks, Breakfast
recipe adapted from CHOCOLATE COVERED KATIE
[Tweet “Secretly Healthy No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter bars + an @AmazingGrass #Giveaway! @FitApproach #FeelAmazingEveryday #SweatPink #ad”]
Hover over image to pin for later!
Now it’s your chance to win some Amazing Grass Protein Superfood of yo own! Simply leave a comment below telling me what flavor you would chose if you win. I’ll pick and announce a winner on Monday.
For bonus entries, pin the recipe, or send out the tweet above, or do both! Just leave a separate comment for each entry. Open to U.S only.
Make it a great day!