This Mixed Berry Oatmeal Bars Recipe is an easy & healthy summer dessert made with fresh berries, whole grain oats, brown sugar, and an irresistible crumble topping.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour*
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted**
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper or cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add vanilla and coconut oil, and stir until crumbly.
- Press 2/3 of mixture into bottom of prepared baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over prepared crust, and top with remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and topping is browned.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes in pan before cutting into squares.
* regular white flour may be used instead.
**melted butter/buttery spread or canola/avocado oil can be used instead.
- Fresh or frozen berries can be used, as well as any type of berry you’d like if you’re not so indecisive like me. Do not thaw the berries if using frozen, and add an extra teaspoon of sugar if using fresh.
- If you want a thicker bar, you can make these in a loaf pan instead. The cook time may be a 5-10 minutes longer.
- Need to make them gluten-free? Simply swap out the flour for a gluten-free alternative, and use certified gluten-free oats.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 38
- Fat: 7
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Berry, Dessert, Summer, Sweet, Healthy, Oatmeal