Who’s ready to serve this Monday a much needed can of gettin ‘ish done?!
All the women who coffee dependent throw your lattes at mehh!
But first, PAN-flippin-CAKES.
…see what I did there.
Maybe it’s me wishing it was still Sunday morning pancake time mushing together with the hustle & flow of Mondays but somehow this genius idea came into this foodie little mind of mine and just had to happen.
I thought long and hard about the type of cereal I wanted to use (ie: fruity pebbles), and knew how funfetti-effin-fantastic they were gunna look..until I took a gander at the meth lab of ingredients…
hydrogenated vegetable oils
Did I hear a Nine-er in there?
And I just did not want any of that all up in my bid-ness OR my pancakes.
Trix did come in at a strong second, especially since Kellog’s removed all the uptown funk of ingredients out of them, but after a good 10 hangry minutes in the cereal aisle I stumbled upon Cascadian Farms Fruitful O’s which won my heart.
– Colored with pumpkin, carrot, and elderberry juice (yay no Red 40!)
– Organic & Non Gmo (yay no Frankenfood!)
– They help save the bees (yay for bees!)
AND they were CHEAPER than Trix. How you like them organic-non GMO-bee-saving Fruity O’s…?!
…or Apples if we’re being Good Will Hunting correct.
And I of course had to invite my favorite yogurt partner to the party too.
He always brings to goods to any party, like his wingman protein, squad of probiotics, and his little brother sugar who has to tag along but is cute and sweet so it’s okay. Hi I’m Emily, and I personify and backstory any and all foods.
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (or preferred flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup favorite cereal ground into flour (yields 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Siggi’s vanilla bean skyr (or vanilla Greek yogurt)
- 1 1/4 unsweetened almond milk
- extra cereal
- 1/4 cup Siggi’s vanilla bean skyr (or vanilla Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl combine flour, ground cereal, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine vanilla, egg, yogurt, and almond milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir until combined. Add additional milk if batter is too thick.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spray with non-stick spray and drop in batter 1/4 cup at a time.
- Sprinkle with additional cereal.
- Let pancakes cook 2-3 minutes, or until edges start to bubble.
- Flip, and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Combine all the ingredients for glaze in a small bowl.
- Pour over pancakes and serve.
recipe adapted from The Healthy Maven
I really gotta work on that pour shot though. The centerfold of all food blogging pictures.
Make it a great day!
Milk and cereal or pancakes?
Tell me what food you would be and why? Carrot because I’m already halfway there.