Everything Microwave English Muffin — A recipe for everything bagel lovers that takes only minutes and 5 ingredients to make!
This microwave english muffin is EVERYTHING. Literally. Except now it’s nothing…Cuz I ate it.
I’m just gunna put it out there, I’m not a huge bagel fan. I’ll settle for half only if it involves smoked salmon and/or goat cheese, but homegirl with take the English muffin 9.5 times outta 10.
I do have to give it up for bagels for that everythang flavor sitch they got going on…that is until now. I am crossing all kinds of uncharted waters in one post. Step aside Mr. Columbus.
Seeing as the next few days are topping off at about 3 degrees short of Nick Lachey, you best not believe I’m turning that oven on for no one. Not even for bread, glorious bread. 90 seconds in the micro though? Checkmate.
I made these a few different ways so everyone can enjoy the everything. See tips below!
- Vegan: Replace the egg in the recipe with a flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water) or 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce. The muffin will not rise as much since, but is still just as good!
- Gluten-Free/Paleo: Replace the flour with coconut flour, and add an extra tablespoon of preferred milk. These ones are a little bit more on the drier side, so extra dippy eggs are encouraged!
- Toasting these are highly recommended as they tend to be a bit moist after cooking in the microwave.
- 2 tablespoons flour (wheat or coconut)
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan option)
- 1 tablespoon milk (use 2 tablespoons if using coconut flour)
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- everything bagel seasoning
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, egg, and milk until dough is formed.
- Spray a a 2 cup glass pyrex bowl with cooking spray, and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Add dough, and spray top with cooking spray.
- Coat with seasoning, and press gently with fingers to help adhere.
- Microwave for 90 seconds, or until firm.
- Remove from glass, and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Slice in half, and toast if desired.
Rather watch me make this recipe?
Check out the video below!
Can’t see the video?
Watch it with this link instead!
Pin this recipe for later!
Make it a great day!
English muffin or bagel?
Butter, cream cheese, or peanut butter?