Everything Microwave English Muffin — A recipe for everything bagel lovers that takes only minutes and 5 ingredients to make!
This microwave english muffin is EVERYTHING. Literally. Except now it’s nothing…Cuz I ate it.
I’m just gunna put it out there, I’m not a huge bagel fan. I’ll settle for half only if it involves smoked salmon and/or goat cheese, but homegirl with take the English muffin 9.5 times outta 10.
I do have to give it up for bagels for that everythang flavor sitch they got going on…that is until now. I am crossing all kinds of uncharted waters in one post. Step aside Mr. Columbus.
Seeing as the next few days are topping off at about 3 degrees short of Nick Lachey, you best not believe I’m turning that oven on for no one. Not even for bread, glorious bread. 90 seconds in the micro though? Checkmate.
I made these a few different ways so everyone can enjoy the everything. See tips below!
- Vegan: Replace the egg in the recipe with a flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water) or 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce. The muffin will not rise as much since, but is still just as good!
- Gluten-Free/Paleo: Replace the flour with coconut flour, and add an extra tablespoon of preferred milk. These ones are a little bit more on the drier side, so extra dippy eggs are encouraged!
- Toasting these are highly recommended as they tend to be a bit moist after cooking in the microwave.
- 2 tablespoons flour (wheat or coconut)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg (or flax egg for vegan option)
- 1 tablespoon milk (use 2 tablespoons if using coconut flour)
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- everything bagel seasoning
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, egg, and milk until dough is formed.
- Spray a a 2 cup glass pyrex bowl with cooking spray, and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Add dough, and spray top with cooking spray.
- Coat with seasoning, and press gently with fingers to help adhere.
- Microwave for 90 seconds, or until firm.
- Remove from glass, and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Slice in half, and toast if desired.
- Category: bread, breakfast
[Tweet “An english muffin for everything bagel lovers made right in the microwave! #Vegand and #GlutenFree options too!”]
Rather watch me make this recipe?
Check out the video below!
Can’t see the video?
Watch it with this link instead!
Pin this recipe for later!
Make it a great day!
English muffin or bagel?
Butter, cream cheese, or peanut butter?