Layers of seasoned rice, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, and veggies for an easy mexican layer dip that tastes just like your favorite burrito!
- 1 cup cooked Mahatma white rice
- 2 tablespoons + 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- sour cream or plain Greek-style yogurt (optional)
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mix cooked rice with 2 tablespoons of salsa.
- Layer rice in a glass bowl or dish, and spread evenly.
- Spread guacamole on top of rice mixture.
- Add salsa evenly over guacamole.
- Sprinkle black beans over salsa layer.
- Add shredded cheese to black beans.
- Top with shredded lettuce and tomatoes.
- Dollop with sour cream or Greek yogurt if using.
- Serve with tortilla chips
- Rinse and drain black beans if using canned. You can also use pinto or refried beans.
- Cook your rice ahead of time, or use up leftovers to make this recipe super speedy.
- Buying pre-made guacamole is a big time (and $$) saver. I usually find mine in the produce aisle.
- Want to make it vegan? Just skip the cheese and sour cream/yogurt!
Keywords: appetizer, dip, burrito, vegetarian, mexican, recipe