This Seven Layer Burrito Bowl Dip Recipe is made with layers of seasoned rice, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, and veggies for an easy mexican layer dip that tastes just like your favorite burrito!
This post is sponsored by Mahatma Rice. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I'd be lying if I told you that I've watched even one entire college basketball game. Do people actually WATCH the games, or do they just pick some teams for the brackett and hope for the best? Maybe I'm giving away my strategy. Maybe I'm just bluffing. I'll. Never. Tell.
What I can tell I've watched from start to finish is me eating 98.999% of an entire bag of tortilla chips and/or tray of seven layer dip while NOT watching college basketball. I never said I was good at multi-tasking.
I can tell you that Mexican layer dip in burrito bowl fashion goes down just as smooth as the OG version. . Maybe a little TOO smooth. Any text messages or phone calls made while under the influence of this dip is not my liability.
I will take full responsibility for any tortilla chip or guac-related addictions though. Some things in life are meant to be shoveled into your face repeatedly. Some choose smoking. Some choose mashed avocados. We all have our vices, people.
Money-Saving Tips for this Mexican Layer Dip:
- Go big. Larger containers of beans and Greek yogurt are usually a better bargain than the smaller cans and tubs. Use the leftovers to top salads, add to chili, or serve as a snack during the week.
- Compare. Avocado prices change like the weather in New England -- by the hour. Compare the price of pre-made guac to the price of avocados. You'll need about 2-3 avocados for this recipe.
More game-day appetizers:
Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Skins
The Ultimate Vegan Cheesesteak SandwichPrint
Seven Layer Burrito Bowl Dip
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
Layers of seasoned rice, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, and veggies for an easy mexican layer dip that tastes just like your favorite burrito!
- 1 cup cooked Mahatma white rice
- 2 tablespoons + ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup guacamole
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ cup shredded mexican cheese
- ½ cup shredded romaine lettuce
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- sour cream or plain Greek-style yogurt (optional)
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mix cooked rice with 2 tablespoons of salsa.
- Layer rice in a glass bowl or dish, and spread evenly.
- Spread guacamole on top of rice mixture.
- Add salsa evenly over guacamole.
- Sprinkle black beans over salsa layer.
- Add shredded cheese to black beans.
- Top with shredded lettuce and tomatoes.
- Dollop with sour cream or Greek yogurt if using.
- Serve with tortilla chips
- Rinse and drain black beans if using canned. You can also use pinto or refried beans.
- Cook your rice ahead of time, or use up leftovers to make this recipe super speedy.
- Buying pre-made guacamole is a big time (and $$) saver. I usually find mine in the produce aisle.
- Want to make it vegan? Just skip the cheese and sour cream/yogurt!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no-cook
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: appetizer, dip, burrito, vegetarian, mexican, recipe
[Tweet "A 7 Layer Dip that tastes just like your favorite burrito! #AD #MahatmaRice #MarchMadness @MahatmaRiceUSA"]
Not sure where to find Mahatma Rice?
You can use their super handy store locator to find it near you!
Pin this recipe to your Appetizer board!
Make it a great day!
What's your favorite layer of 7 layer dip?
Burrito or taco?
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen
This sounds SO flavorful! Yum!!! Love everything about this.
Right up my alley! Sounds like a tasty way to watch the tournament!
I LOVE 7 layer dips...Anything Mexican and that involves tortilla chips...COUNT ME IN! xoxo
I LOVE layered food because I love to dig down deep and hit a surprise layerrrr!!!
Oooh this sounds amazing!!! I've never tried to make my own layered dip but now I have to!
YUM YUM YUM! This looks delicious! I love this brand of rice!
layered dips are my JAM. So easy to prepare and always a hit at any party!
Well I am all over this dip!! My son and i watch the college games and we need snacks
this dip looks amazing! Love the addition of rice to it.
EA The Spicy RD
Such a fun idea! I need to make this for my kids. Me too 🙂
There a hit all around! 😀
This looks amazing!
This dip sounds so amazing! My mom used to make something similar, and it was always my favorite game-day snack!
I can never stay away from it, haha!
What a fantastic idea! I haven't made 7 layer dip in a while. With the addition of rice, I could easily just skip the chips and scoop some of this deliciousness right into a bowl and be happy as a clam!
I could totally do that too!
Love layer dips, never tried with rice this looks yummy!