This healthy and easy Hawaiian pineapple smoothie recipe is like eating frozen sunshine in a pineapple bowl! Load it up with toppings for a satisfying vegan & gluten-free refresher.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened, toasted coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut in half and hollowed out (optional for presentation)
- Add pineapple, banana, coconut milk, lime juice, and ice cubes to blender.
- Blend on high for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Pour evenly between pineapple halves (if using) or into two small bowls.
- Top each with toasted coconut, chopped macadamia nuts, chopped kiwi, and banana slices.
- Any milk of choice can be used, but may alter flavor.
- Skip the toppings, and enjoy this like a regular smoothie as well.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Hawaiian
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie bowl
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 28
- Sodium: 88
- Fat: 23
- Saturated Fat: 11
- Unsaturated Fat: 12
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: pineapple, smoothie, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, hawaii, breakfast, bowl