London Fog Latte Oatmeal — A sweet and creamy breakfast recipe made with Earl Grey tea, almond milk, and vanilla. The perfect start, especially on those cold and gloomy mornings!
So far, February has had 80 degree temps, no snow, and sunshine. March? Two Nor’easters in a week. Spring schming. Yet another reason why I can’t believe this is one of my boyfriend’s favorite months. Ew.
Let me forget the fact that 8 inches of snow is on the horizon for tomorrow by pretending it is a cold and rainy day instead. What’s better than a cold and rainy day? London fog. That’s wassup.
No, not the coat brand. Or the everyday weather of England. We’re talking about the London Fog Latte. A.K.A an Earl Gray Latte. If you’ve never had Earl Grey tea, it taste like 2 PM at your great aunt’s house.
Bergamot oil is what gives Earl Grey tea it’s distinctive floral-y taste, and has it’s way of making my inner spice girl come out whenever I pour myself a spot of it.
But seriously though, if it is a cold, rainy, and foggy day, name me a breakfast more afghan comforting than a cup of tea in hot oat form.
No, no. I’ll wait…..
That’s right. NOTHING.
Plus, it’s super simple to make, and even made a sick vid to show you how to whip it up in a bloody flash. Scroll down below to give it a watch!
- Don’t have time for the stovetop? Make the tea ahead of time with 1 tea bag, and 1/2 cup water, then add to a large bowl with the oats and almond milk, and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes.
- I use 1 teaspoon of stevia for my sweetener, but you can use your favorite sweetener, and adjust to your liking.
- Not a fan of Earl Grey? Swap out for any of your favorite teas instead.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat, and steep tea bag in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
- Discard tea bag, and add almond milk and oats to saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, or until oats are thickened.
- Remove from heat, and add vanilla and sweetener.
- Transfer to bowl, and top with cinnamon and additional milk if desired.
*use certified gluten-free oats if needed.
- Category: breakfast
[Tweet “A sweet and creamy breakfast for those cold and gloomy mornings! London Fog Latte #Oatmeal #glutenfree #vegan”]
Rather watch me make it? Check out the video below!
Can’t see the vid? Watch it here!
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite gloomy day breakfast?
Have you ever had a london fog latte?