A simple and healthy plant-based recipe full of fiber, protein, veggies, and flavor! All made in one skillet in under 30 minutes!
- 1 small head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- tortillas, diced avocado, cilantro, green onions, etc.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped cauliflower, and cook until lightly browned ~ 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and cook until cauliflower is softened ~ 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook another 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Transfer lentils and cauliflower to bowl of a food processor. Pulse 3-4 times, until mixture is chopped.
- Move back to skillet, and heat over low.
- Add spices, and cook 30 seconds.
- Add tomato paste and 1 cup of water, and stir until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Transfer mixture to tortillas, and top with desired additions.
- Use canned lentils so they are already cooked and ready to go. Just drain and rinse before using.
- This filling can be a salad topping, omelet filling, or even wrapped in a burrito as well.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/8 of mixture
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 72
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten Free, Taco, Lentil, Cauliflower, Dinner, Main Dish, Entree, Vegetarian